My One Word: Balance
Last year was, admittedly, not my best. While I did launch my blog and spent so much time learning and rediscovering myself, I didn’t meet most of my goals. My fitness goals fell by the wayside, my parenting sort of took a back burner to work-related progress. However, I always did the dishes and no one left the house looking homeless. So there’s that.
So it comes as no surprise that this year I really want my main focus to be finding balance between blogging, housework, and motherhood. I got this fantastic Brilliant Life Planner for Christmas and spent the entire week after Christmas planning out my year of goals. I highly recommend this planner for busy moms with big goals.
- Increase Personal Health– This year I want to be healthier by drinking more water, exercising 5 times a week, and cutting out all processed foods, including my beloved Diet Coke. I’m drinking my last one as I write this. This honestly might be the single most difficult goal I’ve ever set for myself, but it’s one habit that I really need to break once and for all.
- Be Less Connected– This one is hard, but I don’t want my kids to grow up with their only memories of our time spent together being overshadowed by TV, iphones, computer screens, etc.
- Read 12 Books– In the past I’ve set much loftier goals, but this year I want to pull back a little bit on this in my attempt at balance. Stay tuned for details on my monthly book selections.
- Pay off Debt– I will definitely be posting more on this later, but I am very hopeful that we will be able to pay off a lot of our personal debts this year. I can’t wait to share with you our progress on this journey.
- Family Fun– We are planning on one family adventure every month (while sticking to our budget). This year we are exploring our own city. I’ve made a list of free things to do in the Bay Area and I’ll be reviewing them right here on the blog each month!
- Weekly Family Meetings– Our family schedule is about to get CRAZY. We will be sacrificing nightly family dinners with Dad so that he can meet some health goals that are vitally important. To make up for missing him during the week, we will be holding a family council every weekend.
- Rebrand the Blog– more on this later, but I’m so excited about the upcoming changes to the blog, and I hope you will be, too! I’ve already started the process of switching over accounts to my new domain of Collected Mom! My last step will be switching hosts, but I hope to have it done by the end of the first week in January.
- Expand Etsy Shop– This is something I’ve been wanting to do for quite a while now, but just haven’t had a plan in place to do it. I hope that this year will be the year that I make that happen!
A New Habit:
- Drink 100 oz of water per day.
What are your goals for 2017? Let me know in the comments!